Eternity Knights Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Evie > Lann and Fiona?

+6
FuriCooly
Jinougaful
Demini
Psy
Cardinal
Ruri
10 posters

Go down

Evie > Lann and Fiona? Empty Evie > Lann and Fiona?

Post  Ruri Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:00 pm

Okay, so before you jump to conclusions, I'm not saying that Evie is better than Lann or Fiona. I've been hearing very often both outside of the guild and inside that a lot of people are waiting for Evie to be released and then they'll play seriously. I know Evie has a lot going for her like her destructo-magic and her healing, but does that justify people saying that they'll leave Lann and Fiona to main Evie?

My questions to you guys are:

1) Are you going to main Evie?

2)If you say yes, please explain why you would prefer Evie over Lann and Fiona despite her being unreleased still. If you say no, please list a reason or two about why you think you would prefer Lann or Fiona over Evie even though you haven't even tried Evie, yet.

As for my own answer: I won't be using Evie as my main because I've put a lot of work into Fiona. I've learned a lot of her quirks and I've already begun to find little shortcuts here and there. That isn't to say that you can't do the same for Evie, but I'd dislike to see my progress thus far go to waste. Also, I just love the feeling of an impact against my shield. It makes me feel smarter after a while knowing that I have the time and patience to carefully plan out my attack and to guard as necessary. There's also the familiar reason of "I want to be part of the minority". Razz
Ruri
Ruri

Back to top Go down

Evie > Lann and Fiona? Empty Re: Evie > Lann and Fiona?

Post  Cardinal Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:27 pm

Ok, 1. Evie IS better than Lann and Fiona
2. I will most obviously main Evie. Hands down. But I like kicking things so I still will play Fiona when I feel like it.
3. I <3 Sythe. Other than that I dont have a clue what draws me to Evie, but I would play her even without sythe buddy. cat <--- I thought that was a bunny, but apparently, its a cat.
4. In summary, It DOES justify people leaving Lann/ Fiona because Cardinal says so.
Cardinal
Cardinal
Eternity Knight
Eternity Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Psy Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:27 pm

Ruri wrote:Okay, so before you jump to conclusions, I'm not saying that Evie is better than Lann or Fiona. I've been hearing very often both outside of the guild and inside that a lot of people are waiting for Evie to be released and then they'll play seriously. I know Evie has a lot going for her like her destructo-magic and her healing, but does that justify people saying that they'll leave Lann and Fiona to main Evie?

My questions to you guys are:

1) Are you going to main Evie?

2)If you say yes, please explain why you would prefer Evie over Lann and Fiona despite her being unreleased still. If you say no, please list a reason or two about why you think you would prefer Lann or Fiona over Evie even though you haven't even tried Evie, yet.

As for my own answer: I won't be using Evie as my main because I've put a lot of work into Fiona. I've learned a lot of her quirks and I've already begun to find little shortcuts here and there. That isn't to say that you can't do the same for Evie, but I'd dislike to see my progress thus far go to waste. Also, I just love the feeling of an impact against my shield. It makes me feel smarter after a while knowing that I have the time and patience to carefully plan out my attack and to guard as necessary. There's also the familiar reason of "I want to be part of the minority". Razz

Sorry for the non-serious answer, but

1. Get Golem.
2. Use Golem.
3. ?????
4. Profit.

Psy
Admin
Admin

https://eternity-knights.forumtwilight.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Demini Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:19 pm

No, not even gonna touch Evie, but to be fair, I'll just make the character as a consideration of taking somewhat of a intrest into her.

Now for my reasons...:
1) Recently I have been leaning towards melee characters and got pretty used to it now. This not only means Vindictus but other games as well. And transferring to a whole new range character will take long to get used to. I'm also aware of her scythe but I'm not into the Grim Reaper stuff

2) I'm a little skeptical about her skills and her range type spells, like, how will they work? Will they work like the spears and hooks?

3) Now, I love mages. I've always have been and always will be, but some games, Mages don't really fit. But as I read on, she may very well be a good SUPPORT but not as offender nor defender. In other words, she may be good, but at the same time not so good

4) Also, I kinda like the fact she can summon Golems and fight along side it, but imo, it might get in the way or it might be too glitchy.

5) Too many people will use her and I also like to be part of minority, except I'm in the middle.

6) 2 swords is better than one scythe...I think Razz

Feel free me to hate/flame/troll me out. -Prepares my troll/flame/rage/hate armor-

Demini

Back to top Go down

Post  Demini Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:21 pm

My bad, you said only 1 or 2 reasons...EPIC FAILURE Very Happy

Demini

Back to top Go down

Post  Jinougaful Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:33 pm

Personally. i probably will play evie as my next character but only after i..

1) max out my Lanns lvl when ever it is increased

2) max out his needed skills

3) when i run out of tokens

As Ruri said, I'm putting quite a bit of effort into my Dual Spear Lann (yay for minority)
and would rather not let it go to waste. Plus I've found quite a few tricks that make them just as good or better than sword wielders. Like how we have no dash but we will have higher Crit rate than a Sword Lann
so we use Gliding fury which activate on a Crit smash to do dmg and get away.
But our moves tend to move a lot anyways so that might not be needed....i'm going to stop before i keep going on about Dual Spears.

Main point, I'll put my Lann first and work on Evie when i've reached my personal quota.

..Also just for the hell of it. the power of Dual Spears
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZHFopNFa1Y
Jinougaful
Jinougaful
Eternity Knight
Eternity Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  FuriCooly Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:41 pm

I will not waste my time on Evie. Dual Spear Lann is where it's at. Also, I believe Lann has better survivability, damage output etc etc. Evie hits harder per hit but over all Lann does more damage out of attack speed me thinks. I would consider Karok or w/e his name is, the 2hander, but he won't come out for a LONG time. So Lann woo yay.

FuriCooly

Back to top Go down

Post  Aysen Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:49 pm

I'll definitely try her out when she comes out but if I don't like her I'll just stick to Fiona. As for my reasons for wanting to play Evie...

1. I almost always play casters.
2. Scythe. Need I say more?
3. Cooler armor selection.

-Alendra

Aysen

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronan Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:43 pm

It's gonna be a toss-up for me. Right now, I currently enjoy my Twin Sword Lann. However, once Evie comes, I may switch to her as a main (or a very-well kept alt).

1. I like her for her Battle Scythe only. After seeing her dodging ability with Blink and the power of Bloody Thread, I fell in love. I love being melee, and I'll gladly take her lack of defense in exchange for extra close-range firepower.

2. I will use her because of her minor support abilities (Erg transmutation into health crystals and healing) will be nice, but they don't limit me from going all-out with the Scythe. Her smashes do not consume Stamina; her finishers (suck as Drain, Death Label, and Bloody Thread) do.
Ronan
Ronan

Back to top Go down

Post  Nokutisu Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:44 pm

I'm only making one to stalk you.
<3
~Okazaki.
Nokutisu
Nokutisu

Back to top Go down

Post  Lennith Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:15 pm

Lol im Making one only as a pack mule and as a char for when im out of tokens
Lennith
Lennith
Eternity Knight
Eternity Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Ruri Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:16 pm

She MIGHT be my main. A real contender for that position... look out, Fiona! We'll see.
Ruri
Ruri

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down